Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome to my new blog :)

I decided to make a blog that is more personal instead of everything being in my family blog. That way, I can be "me" here, and I can be "mom" there. I'm sure some of the lines will cross from time to time on each blog.

I am a convert to Catholicism and am currently brainstorming ways to put my story into words for this blog. I'm not the best writer, I'm a bit scatter-brained (I have 4 kids, what do you expect?), so it will be a little difficult.

I am staunchly pro life, always have been, always will be. I became involved in the pro life movement when I was 19 and I'm happy to see the tide changing in our favor after all these years.

I am a sinner. I don't pretend to be perfect. I need Jesus and my Church for a reason. I strive to change that which is wrong in my life, and constantly have a list of things to better about myself. I try, I fail, I am human. I don't want anyone reading this blog to think that I think I'm perfect. I'm definitely not. None of us are. :)

I'm loud, I'm opinionated, I get way too involved in politics during election cycles, I spend too much time online, always with at least one kid on my lap, I try to cook from scratch as much as possible.

We vaccinate, our kids go to private school, we NFP, and we just switched to cloth diapers.

That's me in a nutshell. The theme of the blog isn't purely just about being Catholic. I just couldn't think of a name, and Catholic Kara was dorky, but it works. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Any ideas on blog posts would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper