Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Ron Paul Supporters...

A disclaimer: I have nothing against Ron Paul supporters. I appreciate the zeal they hold. I don't agree with them, but I do respect how active they are in spreading the word about the person they support.

That said, I finally encountered in person what you would call a "Paulbot", yesterday at the rally. He came up to us and said, "We're on your side!" And handed us a brochure. JoAnna refused the brochure and explained Ron Paul's views on abortion being left up to a state vote. He replied with, "Ron Paul is the most pro-life candidate, having delivered over 4,000 babies! Abortion IS a state issue not a Federal issue." JoAnna continued to challenge him and he walked away.

State issue / Federal issue aside, how in the world does delivering 4,000 babies mean you are more pro-life than the other candidates? I know of plenty of OB/GYN's that deliver babies and abort babies all the same.

Supporting your guy is one thing, but repeating the same thing over and over again is really obnoxious. It's like they all went through training or something, because they all word it the same way.

I like how it used to be "cool" to be a liberal and how that's changing and it's "cool" to be a Paul supporter. I like the shift towards conservatives values, of course, but I do feel like it's a little High School.

Oh well, I'll take the Ron Paulbots over the angry, screaming, swearing Occupy dude any day.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper