Friday, March 2, 2012

7 Quick Takes








--- 1 ---

This has been a pretty amazing Lent so far. First, we got news that our IRS problem was finally resolved after dealing with it for 3 years and that we would get the money back they took out of this year's tax return in 3 weeks. (I was expecting something closer to 3 years, seeing as it's the government and all...)

--- 2 ---

Then Leila posted this, and I watched this sweet little guy's adoption fund hit over $3,000 so he could make the "sizable grants" page in just one day. Now we're just praying hard a family finds him.




--- 3 ---

Then I got a call from my parish saying our convalidation could be THIS MONTH and it is now scheduled for March 11th! Jesus, here I come!!

My sweet friend ordered me a pretty dress and my sweet sister ordered me earrings to match! Now to find shoes and something for Kyle to wear! SO excited.

--- 4 ---

Then Lily and I were reading through Reece's Rainbow and talking about adoption and she told me that I needed to be this little guy's mommy, and I fell in love. I've always wanted to adopt, but we are obviously not in a place to do so right now. So, I've promised myself that I will help get the word out and hopefully this sweetie will have a family before he is transferred to an institution in July. ANYONE?! Please?

Arnold
UPDATE!!! Arnold has been moved to the "My Family Found Me" page, so he's being adopted!! I AM SO HAPPY!! Sweet baby boy! YAY!!!

--- 5 ---

Then, Leila posted today about another little guy, Oliver, whose fund was only at $13 this morning. She and her husband offered to match any donations to try to get him over that $2,500 mark. As of right now, his fund is sitting at $1,839.50 and that's before Leila's contribution!!! My soul is *so* happy for sweet Oliver. Now, to pray for him, too. He desperately need a family.

Oliver


--- 6 ---

Kyle also had his review this week at work and he was told that he is doing a great job and that he will be trained in a lot of other areas and other routes and have hours added very, very soon. Praise God! Is this almost over for us?! Are we finally going to be able to move on with our lives?? Please keep praying!! It's working!!

--- 7 ---

So, as you can see, I'm a week into Lent and it's already proving completely awesome. I am doing the Consecration still and I'm loving it. I missed it so much. I went from a crying mess to... well, a JOYFUL crying mess.

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. -Psalm 103

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cheering right along with you! I'm so glad things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper