Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Big Switch

We are blessed, in the Diocese of Phoenix, to have many wonderful parishes to choose from.

We called St. Bernard's our home parish for 4 years. It was a great home, but not the perfect match.

We are traditional folk. We want to grow in our faith and be faithful to the magesterium. We want a community that will foster that growth. One that will challenge us and help us.

We THINK we have found that now.

This parish has been calling me for a while. Especially after I met with the priest to discuss my issues with my mom.

I also love the fact that there is confession almost every day of the week. There is a strong pro-life presence at this parish, which is something I desperately need. It feels like a community I can be involved in. I didn't feel that before.

Also, they have a preschool and Lily is at that age. She is supposed to start this fall.

We are also likely going to end up much, much closer to the new parish when (if ever) we move.

I will miss St. Bernard's. But I do think this is a much better match for us as a family. I do hope I can make Wednesday mass at St. Bernard's now and then, though. It is still amazing.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper