Thursday, August 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


--- 1 ---
This week my oldest started 1st grade at her new school! I am so proud of her. She's loving it, is making friends easily, and *I* am loving it. It's a tiny school and so faithfully Catholic. Loooove.


--- 2 ---
Remember the video of the little blind boy, stuck in a crib, alone, bored, and sad? That was Andrew, and thankfully, he has a family coming for him now!! There is an AWESOME auction starting for him Friday. These auctions have blown my auction for Malcolm away.

Check it out!
--- 3 ---


--- 4 ---

The yard sale last week went pretty well. Heidi and I both made around $150. Nico's jar made some change and a $5 bill. Admittedly, I was hoping to make a bit more, since I had some big items that needed to sell and didn't, but I will press on!

--- 5 ---

I am super emotional this week. I am feeling pushed to do something by God, but I want to make sure I am hearing the call correctly before acting on it. I am scared. Since fear doesn't come from God, I know I need to set that aside so I can think clearly. I went to adoration and I think things are pretty clear now. We'll see how my stupid brain feels in the morning.

--- 6 ---

Since Becki posted about her Blizzard on her QTs, I'm going to post about mine. Except I'm too lazy to post a picture. But, I bought ice cream on the way home from adoration. It was so good!!

--- 7 ---

It never turns out that I ONLY have my #7 as an orphan. All of my posts and QTs are orphans lately. I'm sure my readers (aka the crickets) are tired of it, but that's how my brain works.

Happy weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Aw, love that picture of Amelia! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just not the same with out a picture of the ice cream. . . just so you know. I love #7 but wish it had sound. .. hahaa. Chirp Chirp Chirp.
    Congrats on #5 it is not easy to press on! I am proud of you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted an animated gif of that cricket so bad. My google skills failed me. I was too busy stuffing my face to take a pic of my ice cream. So good.

      Delete
  3. Your daughter is so adorable!

    It's always a good idea to bring our thoughts before the Lord in adoration. Sometimes things seem so much clearer there! I hope you find peace and strength in your decision this week.

    ReplyDelete

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper