Thursday, April 25, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday



--- 1 ---

We are still fundraising to bring our boy home, but I realized that I would love to do something special for the little ones we have to leave behind. Many orphanages allow one diaper per day, and I know for a fact that this orphanage has to reuse disposable diapers. So, I will take whatever donated money this campaign brings in and buy diapers and other necessities while in country to take to the little loves.



--2--

Dang, that widget just messed up my formatting!

--3--

Because of summer fares for flights to "Colton's" country, we underestimated our need by a couple thousand. I am not sweating about it, yet, but I would definitely like to get close to goal. We are getting very close to submitting our paperwork, and our travel dates will come pretty closely after that. 

$5 can make a huge difference if a bunch of people gave. And, that $5 would get you an entry into our Disney giveaway. We are about halfway to our giveaway goal. I can't wait to see who wins!


Plus, won't it be nice when I'm not fundraising anymore? I would actually have to find other things to write about. 

--4--

This came at a very appropriate time for me this week.

--5--

Now that sweet Dennis has a family coming for him, I'm going to get angry about this guy. Little boys aren't chosen as often as girls. But, I can't understand why a tiny little sweetie like this is still waiting.


He could be home before he's 1! He could receive early intervention therapy in your home for 2 years! He would be such a sweetums of a son!! 

--6--

I've been making lists and lists and lists for things I need to get for "Colton".. We have no boy things, so I'll have to work on that. I'm pretty sure I can get some steals at Carter's, since they run $6 sales during the summer. I've also been making packing lists for things I need to bring. I do plan on packing very, very lightly, but I want to make sure I'm covered as far as meds go because I do NOT travel well. Yes, you can all laugh at me now. I'm in trouble ;)

--7--

There is only 2 weeks left of preschool, and 1 month left of school for more oldest. WOW! I'm not sure how that happened, but I am shocked that summer is starting. I haven't planned anything, so I need to get these kids into some activities so we don't go nuts!

Happy weekend!!

Thanks to Jen for hosting. Visit her at www.conversiondiary.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper