Friday, October 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes


Samuel is now 3.5 weeks old. We were finally able to get his passport photo done, thanks to FedEx Office, and the next step has to wait until we have travel dates, because I need to drive to Tucson to get a same day passport printed for him.
We snuggle a lot during the day


The adoption process is one huge test, I'm convinced. One that I am likely failing. I am not doing well this week. Waiting on travel dates is really frustrating when I have so much to do.

This is how I feel. Paperwork in hand and all. 

The most stressful thing about this process is that I have to leave my other kids. I have not been able to line up childcare for my youngest ones, yet, and I'm starting to freak out. I know I shouldn't worry, that The Lord will provide, but my momma bear takes over my calm side pretty much every time.

Congratulations to my sweet friends JoAnna and Collin. They had a beautiful baby boy, Peter, this week, and he's going to be our Godson!! I am so excited, and so smitten with the chunky monkey. Peter has bilateral clubfeet and has already had his first set of casts put on. Please pray for the sweet guy and his parents as they go through his treatments.

It has finally cooled down here and we were able to turn off our AC! This is huge, people!! I was so sick of our crazy high electricity bills. Looking forward to lowwwww bills for a while!

I totally need someone to come help me catch up and sort laundry. I am so notoriously bad at laundry, and it's taking over our house again. I need to get rid of stuff and pull out long sleeved stuff for the girls. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!!

Ok, I'm out of ideas here. Too tired to function.

Happy weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yesssss about the a/c. I am loving it. And now I can bake during the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a whole different life. And no more electric bills that make me want to cry! Hooray! Until next summer, that is.

      Delete

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper