Friday, October 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes



It's a little shocking I'm doing Quick Takes at all this week, since my current To Do list is ridiculously long. But, I think I have a few minutes.


I am almost completely done packing. I need to make a trip to Target to stock up on random things like gloves, diapers, and charcoal tablets, but other than that, I just need to pack some stuff for Samuel and I'll be done.


I also have all these insane errands to run, like a haircut, eye exam, drive to Tucson to get a passport for Samuel, go to the bank, normal errands like grocery shopping, etc. PLUS, we are having Samuel baptized the 27th and having Tessa's birthday party the same day. I also have to go for my postpartum checkup and do All Saints' Day and Halloween with the kids. Anything else? I hope not...

Someone sweet is already 1 month old today!



Someone asked me the other night how many days we had until we leave. Until then, I had just been thinking in terms of weeks, because it was keeping me sane, apparently. When I put it into days, I had a wave of anxiety. I hope I can get everything done in time! I have a lot more days notice than a lot of people have had in the past, so I should be fine.


When you take a girl who grew up in the desert and suddenly send her to Eastern Europe in late Autumn, it could be an interesting sight. I do not get cold easily, but we had NO cold weather clothes. It was laughable. My sweet mother in law bought us a whole bunch of stuff, so hopefully we're all set, but it amused me how very little prepared we are for cold weather.


Please pray for us as we prepare and set out on this journey! Pray for "Colton," my girls, and us. That the Lord will protect us all and keep us healthy and that things will go quickly and smoothly.

Thank you for all of your support, I am so glad it's almost done!!

Happy weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper