Friday, March 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes



Sorry to have fallen behind on blogging again. It's an understatement to say that we've been busy around here! I think we are all finally adjusted to the new  boys in our life, and are finding our new normal.



I had an awesome week this week because I got to meet Carla (and her awesome hubby)!!! And... we forgot to take pics. :( Carla has been such an inspiration to me, and was such a lifesaver while we were both in Ukraine. We FaceTimed almost daily, and it kept me sane!! She's such a beautiful soul, and I am so blessed that she came to my house. Leila, Danya, JoAnna, and Eli all came too.


This family is in extreme need right now. Their little boy Sergei was just adopted from Crimea, but they are facing delays. Their other son, Crosby's court date has been canceled time and time agin, and now they will have to leave him behind in order to get Sergei home for medical care. Folks, this poor sweet Sergei looks like he came out of a concentration camp. The photo I saw of this little love is haunting me. I wish I could share it, but I hope you can take my word for it.

I'm going to get real here, you can skip your Starbucks, or your lenten fish fry, or your dinner out this weekend, and donate to this family. I know you can. Please consider it. If you can't, please pray and share this need.








So, months ago, I called the school district to set up Mak's evaluation for an IEP... They sent me the paperwork, I filled it out, and scheduled his eval for April 15th. I was pretty annoyed that it was so far out, but I just dealt with it. Then, I got a call yesterday saying that they are not our district and that our eval is cancelled. Uh, perhaps this is something they should've checked months ago?! Anyway, I finally got ahold of our correct district and they scheduled us for April 25th.


Baby boy is 6 months old! :)




Hope you all are having a blessed Lent. We are probably headed to the fish fry at our parish tonight. Tomorrow the girls are having their hair cut. I'm tired of the screaming over tangles!!!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper