Friday, October 31, 2014

7 Quick Takes



7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes about last minute Halloween costumes, a great new book for Fall, and popping the Dom on a Tuesday night



~1~

I have let my blogging take a back burner since coming home from Ukraine. I'm sorry about that! But I'm sure you understand. I hope I still have a few readers left. I have a lot to say, just not the brainpower to say it right now. Things are finally getting back to normal and I am really enjoying all of my beautiful babies. I am a blessed momma.

~2~

The one thing that helped me to accept the role of Mary in my life when I converted were Jesus' last words, "Behold your Mother." I have blogged about it before, but the last couple of weeks I have had raging baby fever and holding onto these words has helped me so much. Jesus wanted us to remember that she is OUR mother too. I am turning to her to help me be the mother my sweeties deserve, and I am hopeful that someday I will be blessed with even more children. They are truly my life's work. Frustrating as that may be sometimes.

I heard on Catholic radio this morning that there is a new book with that title and I definitely want to read it!! I love apologetic books. I'm pretty sure this is it:



~3~

I somehow have a knack for sounding very holy when I talk or blog. Let me reassure you, that is NOT the case. I struggle with patience and with zoning out and neglecting my duties (cleaning, mostly). I am so exhausted by all the running around I do, that everything else kind of suffers. My kids are fed and happy, but my house is a mess. LOL

~4~

So, today is Halloween, and we have been running ourselves ragged all week! I love Halloween and All Saint's Day, but PHEW, I am tired. Amelia chose St. Maria Goretti, whose feast day is on her birthday, to do her saint report about. It should be interesting. :)

My kids are so cute, I can't even.
Pirate, Rapunzel, Monster, Owl, Monkey, Stitcherella

~5~

Maks started school last week, and he is doing so great! He lights up when I ask him if he's ready for school, and I get the BEST snuggles when I pick him up. He only goes for 2.5 hours per day, but MAN it's been an adjustment for me! Separation anxiety for mom!

Here he is on his first day of school. 

~6~

I am taking a break from most of the RR rooms on Facebook, but that doesn't stop me from advocating. Adoptions in Ukraine have slowed down a bunch, and we need to get the ball rolling again. Do you feel the holy spirit nudging you to go? Don't be afraid. Truly. The money, time, and every last detail will come together, because if God wants you to do this, He will provide. I promise.

~7~

This baby boy has my heart. Seriously. Look at his sweet eyes and his round cheeks and his adorable fingers!!! If we could adopt again right now I would be there!! I love him! Someone please see this pumpkin! He's young enough for early intervention, and he would be such a blessing to any family! Can't adopt him? Share his face. Give a donation. $5, $10, $50 won't kill you, but it could save him!

http://reecesrainbow.org/81881/truman-2

Happy weekend! Have a safe and wonderful Halloween and a blessed All Saint's Day!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper