Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


1. This has been a really rough week. My uncle was moved to hospice and my entire family has been there. There have been many beautiful moments, but also some drama. We all need your prayers, especially my uncle, of course. 

2. On top of that situation, our Suburban needs a new battery and a new set of tires ASAP. This does not make me happy. 

3. It is looking like we'll receive our travel dates right around my 38 week mark, which is going to be interesting, to say the least. We have to delay, which means another notarization and apostille, which is a lot of errands to do when you're that huge. So, we'll see how that goes. 

4. Dude. The Bachelorette was insane this week. I think Brooks doesn't really even leave to begin with, they just made it look like he did. I think they will continue their relationship without an engagement. Which is actually way more "normal" and healthy, IMO anyway. 

5. The girls start school in a couple weeks and we're getting excited! Their uniforms are just about ready to go, and I'm going to pick up school supplies next week. 

6. Hubby's birthday is next week and I'm always at a loss of what to do for him. We can't afford to go out, so I usually cook him a special meal, but since I don't eat beef, and I usually try to make him a steak or something, a lot of times it doesn't turn out right. He works that day, more than likely, so I really dunno what to do. Ideas? He's not big on sweets, beer, anything... Lol

7. I am going to head to Costco this weekend to pick up goodies to donate to the hospice center. My grandma asked me to. They said they love to receive good donations because they like to feed the families. Wouldn't that be a nice way to help in your own community? Taking baked goods or other things to your nearest hospice would be warmly appreciated, I bet. 

Happy weekend. I need a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper